Purpose: Meeting rooms are for use by the Library and for affiliated Library organizations and activities (i.e. Friends of the Library, Summer Reading Programs, Story Time, Toddler Time, etc.) When they are not being used or needed for Library purposes, they are made available to the public under terms and conditions of this policy.
STATEMENT OF POLICY/PRINCIPLES:
- Omro Public Library is a public facility built by private donations and taxpayers of the city and county and is used primarily for programs and services of the public library.
- When meeting rooms are not being used for those purposes, they are available to groups, organizations and individuals, according to the guidelines and restrictions of this policy.
- Use of Library meeting rooms/space shall not be disruptive of or conflict with normal Library operations or services. Requests for use may be denied or meeting room privileges suspended on this basis.
- The Library meeting rooms are for meetings and programs of an educational, informational, cultural, or civic nature that enhance the Library's role as an institution which connects people with information.
PRIORITIES: priority for scheduling use of the Library will be given in the following order
- Library and Library System activities.
- Library affiliated and co-sponsored activities: organizations which include representatives of the library, acting in their official capacity or groups which have been asked by the library to provide a program which meets library goals and objectives. Co-sponsorship also includes groups that have asked the library to provide a tour or program for their membership meeting.
- Public programs, presentations, and meetings free and open to the public.
- Programs, presentations, and meetings closed to the public with no fee charged. (Lions, Women's Study Club)
- Programs, presentations, and meeting that is either open or closed to the public where a fee has to be paid to attend. (Tops)
Please complete this checklist to ensure that all steps are finalized prior to publicizing your meeting.
- I have read and understood the meeting room policy and agree to abide by the Rules and Statement of Policy/Principles.
- I have completed the application form in its entirety.
- I have submitted the application alone with payment if appropriate to the Omro Public Library Administrative Office.
- I have received my verbal confirmation from the Library. If requested you can obtain a written confirmation.
- I need to turn in the attendance count.
MEETING ROOM RULES
- Meeting room should be left in a neat and orderly condition. Furniture that has been rearranged must be restored to its original arrangement. Groups or individuals will be charged for damage to rooms and furniture beyond normal wear.
- The Library assumes no responsibility or liability for accidents, injury, or loss of individual property in the Omro Public Library.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol on Library premises is prohibited.
- Refreshments may be served in the meeting room, but cooking is prohibited. An individual or group serving food is responsible for cleaning up the room and not leaving any food.
- An estimated attendance count for the meeting will be provided to the Administrative Office at the time of application. A completed attendance count must be submitted after the meeting.
- Failure to abide by meeting room rules may result in suspension of meeting room.
- * Check bathrooms for cleanliness & shut off all lights inside the building.
- * Lock door and leave key in kitchenette.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION/SCHEDULING:
- All scheduling of meeting room is made through the Library between the hours of 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM on Monday-Friday.
- Reservations are preferred at least two weeks in advance of the meeting date.
- An application for meeting room use must be completed and submitted with appropriate fees in order to reserve a meeting room. A written confirmation will be sent if requested.
- The Library must be notified at least two full business days in advance if any event or use is canceled. Lack of notification will result in payment of fees for that meeting(s). In the event of inclement weather, fees will be refunded only if the library closes.
- * When key is needed (meeting held during Library closed hours) arrangements must be made to pick up key before and have staff show the lock up procedure of side door.
A meeting room is not considered booked until verbal or written confirmation is issued. This occurs upon completion of the application and payment of any fees.
- Attendance counts are to be placed on a note or on the written confirmation form and returned to the Library at the end of the meeting.
FEES Fees are established as follow:
- Library, Library System, Affiliated and Co-Sponsored Groups - No Charge
- Public programs, presentations, and meetings free and open to the public - $5.00 per hour or portion thereof
- Programs, presentations, and meeting that are either open or closed to the public where a fee has to be paid to attend - $30.00 per 4 hour time.
EQUIPMENT Only the equipment listed is available and arrangements must be made at time of application
- Podium (movable) - 1
- Tables (5 long, 2 corner)
- Chairs (35)
- WiFi (always accessible)
Public meeting room is handicapped accessible with arrangements made at time of application.
Dimensions: 30' x 24'
Occupancy: 46 persons "auditorium" style - 24 persons "conference" style
Equipment available: Sink, kitchenette
* Applies to usage when library is closed